Ranger rover differentials

Are the front and rear axel differentials on a 3.5 auto the same as a four speed manual box.

Range rover early eighties for both stromburg carbs cd175

reason I ask is I have removed the manual 3.5 engine and box and replaced with an 3.5 auto engine and box, problem is it now seems to be having trouble getting over 50 mph without it sounding like it is revving really high. I cant tell you what the revs are as it is a hybrid (shortened RR on LR body). Have not fitted clocks yet.

Is there a formular to calculate the speed loss buy adding larger tyres, taking into account gear box and differential ratio?

regards

wayne

Reply to
wayne

Yes, they are the same.

Have you connected the kick down cable correctly ? Is the box actually changing gear ? If so which gear is it in ?

cheers

Dave W.

Dave White

I think you might be write, My series two body has a accelerator with only about 3 inches of travel, I find that I need to lift my foot of while accelerating to get it to change up, how can I adjust the kick down to give more play? Te Haynes manual has very little info on setting up the linkage and adjustments.

regards

wayne

Reply to
wayne