Emmerdale

And I thought 'Enders was bad...

For those who aren't addicted, I'll recap. A hurricane has hit Emmerdale, wreaking havoc (particularly on those characters who have run out of storylines). Poor Trisha is lying under a chimney stack but the emergency services can't get through because the bridge is buggered.

Realistic storyline 1: Trisha was reading a love letter from husband Marlon. No one realised she was under the chimney stack until Marlon found the note. Lying on the ground. In the hurricane.

Realistic storyline 2: The paramedic tending to Trisha can't wait for the ambulance to get through the buggered bridge. So he is calling for the helicopter. In the hurricane.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs posted ...

And they said 'reality shows' were dead .. good though innit ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

What were the paramedics driving and what do you think their chances of recovering that car stuck in the mud were?

Reply to
John Page

Is this a game anybody can play?

A hovercraft. Or possibly a Kangoo Trekka.

They'll simply lift it out with the helicopter.

Reply to
QrizB

The best bit is that I can ruin it for the woman who makes me watch it by continually pointing out the many technical sillinesses. Apparently I'm not getting any tea tonight!

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

No sex on an empty stomach either...

Reply to
wayne

The police turned up in a Discovery, ambulance crews turned upin one of the regular 'units' (as said by one of them, know a few ambulance crew and they have never referred to them as units, that useless pile of.... normally)

Considering every job I have been on with RAF SaR, no ambulance has ever been able to talk direct to the Sea King, so I don't know how the fella dealing with the girl with the chimney pot hat knew for certain that it was off to land in a field. Lucky guess?

Reply to
Detrious

Chaps.... It's just a fictional TV program..... ;-)

Reply to
Murphwiz

I've made cheese on toast. I'll probably have to be self-sufficient all night. ;-)

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Can you pop round and tell my missus that? As I'm not getting any sex I'd love to see a bit of violence....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

NOOOOOOOOOO! Don't spoil the illusion! Emerdale is real! There really is a village with all those people in it - my mum told me - so it must be real!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Naylor

I have actually been to the real Woolpack, although I don't believe that they have used it for years.

And Seth Armstrong regularly plays piano in the Grey Horse, which is a quarter of a mile from here and my brother-in-law's local.

See, I AM famous...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Sorry no, I'm not that silly :-)

Reply to
Murphwiz

Sounds like really thrilling TV.

Reply to
Nikki

I've taken control!

Stella on chair arm Dylan on CD player TV very much switched off

And not a murmer from the sofa (busy on-line shopping)...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Re my comments Eastenders passim.

Reply to
pl.white

A Kangoo Trekka - is that like a Regatta Windproof?

Reply to
pl.white

pl.white posted ...

No .. it's a jumper .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Sadly I actually saw this and thought, through all the camera work that the original emergency service (police) did turn up in an Land Rover of some ilk. As the car was bogged down in the wet stuff (missus says a river) I was wondering whether there was a reason there people are driving 4x4's and could possible have got it out.

Of course if, like Northern Consabulary they had a Kangoo Trekka then no bridge , flood or stuck fiesta would have stopped them, :-)

Reply to
John Page

Twas Thu, 01 Jan 2004 20:21:57 +0000 when Tim Hobbs put finger to keyboard producing:

I got in trouble for that too ;o)

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Mr.Nice.