Re-classification of byways - EDM 380 - copied from Range rover list

A lot of information is a matter of public fact and may very easily be made publicly available. As an example, my address apears in many landie comics, that's there for all to see, but people would need to go and look at it. I did object when 'someone' decided to post my address to usenet.

I think it's the difference between giving them the number or directing them to the phone book. My feeling was that it wasn't necessily appropriate to post someones details directly to usenet - so I didn't, I mentioned the whois.

Those who were interested to find the whois data could have asked, or done a google search. I'm not trying to shoot you down here David, but given my own personal experiences over the last year or so, I have a real issue with the whole area of personal privacy.

Reply to
Mother

Yes, but reading it is a different matter altogether... ;-)

Blush...

Reply to
Mother

Reply to
Complete Charlie

Hmm, I see where you're coming from.

You're right, of course. Sorry Martyn, hope no harm is done...

David

Reply to
David French

rads

Is that a real Postcode? Jon

Reply to
Jon

On or around Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:15:57 -0000, "Jon" enlightened us thusly:

doubt it...

... not according to streetmap. nor according to my routeplanner.

Reply to
Austin Shackles