Re: Door mirrors and off-roading

I find that if you keep getting out every time then you'll only get

> pissed off as it gets knocked out of whack in the next lane, meaning > you have to get out and straighten it, ad infinitum.

Err yeah I know what the standard mirrors do, I'm trying to find out if there's an alternative, which is what my original post said. Hopefully someone'll have tried to find a way around this already, otherwise I'll get some van mirrors and will try it out.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

All I was really saying is, live with it. :-)

If you had rigidly mounted mirrors you would lose them pretty quickly, at least on some of the lanes near me anyway!

Reply to
Simon Barr

Isn't he saying, why the hell don't they reset themselves after they've been belted ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

On or around Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:24:19 +0000, Steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

I did contemplate some very-strong mirror guards... teach the bloody nutters in transits a thign or two :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Sorry mush but you can't have read a word of any of the posts I've made in this thread! I *have* lived with it, I would prefer not to have to, and the "rigidly mounted" mirrors you think I mean aren't what I've described, check my previous posts again.

I'll figure sommat out and if I ever get around to trying it, I'll report back.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Yep, most van mirrors apparently don't have moveable glass, just very wide angle views, so while the vegetation would slap them against the side of the truck, when they sprang back there wouldn't be any need to mess with them, unlike the current mirrors. I was asking if anyone had tried this or anything similar. A simple question, or so I thought ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

In message , Ian Rawlings writes

Wait for Landrover to offer "power fold mirrors" on the Defender range. Then fit those !

Another thing to go wrong.

Reply to
Marc Draper

You could be right there, I've just re-read your initial post. Not sure how it passed me by but it did, sorry. Totally missed the springing back out bit.

Good luck.

Reply to
Simon Barr

Now hold on there! This is usenet, we're supposed to go into a slanging match ending with childish name-calling, please play the game!

Some people eh ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I know that's the usual form but I never was a follower of the masses.

Slanging matches never get you anywhere. I was wrong and don't mind saying so.

I do quite like reading a good slangfest from time to time though, they can be highly amusing.

Reply to
Simon Barr