RE: FS: LR90 V8 full motorsport spec, tax exempt

Hi everyone,

Before I bid on this does anyone with more experience have any comments?

ThanX Gillian

Reply to
<gillian

Well, they didn't start making the 90 until the early 1980s, so the description's garbage, especially given that they didn't name the range "Defender" until around 1990.

It's not going to be tax exempt.

Its origins date from 1965? Half way through the Series II run? It looks like a Defender. Its registration plate puts it either 1975 or 1996.

Either this thing's an 88 that's had 2" shoved in the middle of it, been converted to coil springs and basically been turned into a 90, or it's a

  1. I'd personally run away screaming from that description. It may be an OK car

- probably is in fact, but I wouldn't trust the seller as far as I could throw them.

I have to wonder just what's going on there. The seller is claiming 1972 as the year on the auction, 1965 within the auction, a registration year of

1974 on their web page and that this was a ground-up rebuild in the mid 90s.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Gillian, there are too many 'types' or 'styles' in that advert for my liking. eBay adverts will always tell you the good bits, it's up to you to ask the right questions or you will get caught out. A 'Bowler type' isn't a Bowler at all, it's a copy or even worse nowt like one at all.

As always - buyer beware & make sure you look before you buy or ar very confident in what you are buying.

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Well it's only got a 2 stage auto box - that'll be interesting.

Reply to
EMB

The spec looks pretty impressive at a quick glance, but the paperwork is definitely dodgy.

Reply to
SimonJ

On or around Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:40:58 +1200, EMB enlightened us thusly:

the A727 is IIRC the box used in the early auto range rovers.

The paperwork is undoubtedly dodgy, I doubt there's enough "old" about it to qualify as "built pre 1973". Having said that, I've heard of this or similar before, so maybe someone has found a legal loophole.

The spec is impressive if all the named stuff is what it says it is.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

If the vehicle is as bad as the sellers use of English, I'd walk away. Quickly.

Reply to
Colonel Tupperware