spade mounting bits

has anyone got the fittings used to mount a spade on military vehicles kicking around spare? I think it consists of a loop for the blade of the spade and a couple of other bits. or failing that can anyone hash-together a couple of brackets I can rivet to the wing to do the same job? I want to be able to padlock it also. I've email'd anchor about spade but if anyone has one of those kicking around in servicable condition it'd make my day. I'm in cornwall if it makes any difference.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

There is a set of the bits you want as fitted to a 101 on ebay at the mo.

Ends on monday night.

Theres not much to it, so you could quite easily knock yourself up a home made set.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Twas Sun, 26 Sep 2004 23:58:28 +0100 when Tom Woods put finger to keyboard producing:

Gulp, gurrent bid is £26, I was hoping to do it for far cheaper than that... :o(

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

A nice man has put a pdf of the rear door fittings at:

butbe a bit careful about the spades. I bought one from Anchor and it didn'tfit on my 110. It seems that there's nothing too standard about a NATOstandard spade. Your best bet is probably to try at Sodbury next month, ifyou're close enough.

Reply to
Bob Miller

Twas Mon, 27 Sep 2004 21:47:17 +0100 when "Bob Miller" put finger to keyboard producing:

Where is old sodbury? I've never been and this could be just the excuse.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

It's at the Newbury Showground, just off J13 on the M4. It's well worth the effort of going!

Make sure you have your shopping listin your head, and allow plenty of time - it usually takes me about 2 hoursjust to walk round it all.

Reply to
Bob Miller

you aren't doing right.... it normally takes me from 10am to 3pm to do about

3/4 of the sortout, and then I rush like mad to get in the last chunk! Having said that, I have a good nosey and rummage at each stall, cos you never what you may find that could be useful!

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Vice Chairman, Newsletter Editor and Webmaster (how much more....)

3.5V8 100" Hybrid, now LPG converted Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, Fully restored, ready for sale! Make me an offer! Suzuki SJ410 (Fiancée's) 3" lift kit fitted, body shell now restored and mounted on chassis, waiting on a windscreen and MOT Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next 1993 200 TDi Discovery (the Pug 106 is dead, long live the Pug)

Peterborough 4x4 Club

Simon Isaacs

Used to carry a shovel but bunged it in the back loose and why not, shovel carriers is for posers who live somewhere where they ain't gonna be nicked.

Yeah it's all right to see them Pink Panthers and such at the shows, but did they ever have to park them up on a Council Estate ?

Reply to
Larry

Twas Wed, 29 Sep 2004 23:08:58 +0100 when "Larry" put finger to keyboard producing:

Well, it's unlikely to get nicked where I live, but I intend locking it on anyway. And I'm trying to free-up as much space as I can with clever storage and something like a spade can easily be shifted to outside the vehicle.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.