Re: New Lightweight

vent panel, which is a

> separate item on a lightweight. Craddocks have all the replacement ones > that are left (have phoned Paddocks, Blanchards etc), and they want nearly > £340!!! The one we have resembles swiss cheese, so I suspect I shall spend > a while investigating whether I can fabricate a new panel (should be > easy!!!)

yeah look easy enough, I say that and I am s**te at sheet metal work! My vent panel is getting veeery ropey. I would like another to copy rather than taking mine off, so if you do fabricate a new one i would be interested in the remains.

-- richard

Reply to
richard

Stripped it down today, but unfortunately the bits such as the flyscreens and wiper linkages were actually holding it together, along with about 2 tonnes of filler.....

I intend using some angle and thin sheet simply to make a replacement top part, without the vents fitted, unless a miracle turns up! After all, during the summer when you need the vents open is the time to make the Lightweights look at their best..... stripped down to fully airportable!

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Chairman and Webmaster

3.5V8 100" Hybrid Suzuki SJ410 (Girlfirend) Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next Pug 106 (offroaded once!!)
Reply to
Simon Isaacs