Re: OT - does anyone have a Suzuki quad or know a bit about them?

Nikki tried to scribble ...

A friend recently had his camper van stolen by some gypsies near to > where he lives. As a result he has moved everything that they might > be the slightest bit interested in from his shed, garden and garage. > One item that he has asked us to look after is his sons 50cc Suzuki > quad bike. > > Any of you know anything about a Suzuki LT80 quad bike? I'm not sure > the exact age of the thing but Bruce says its electric start, and is > fully automatic...but it wont start. He's checked fuel, fuel lines, > battery is new and he can get it to turn over if the rear wheels are > raised off the floor. It does absolutely nothing if the rear wheels > are on the ground. Any one have any idea what the cause is?

Clutch maybe dragging .. It's an auto box, so this may be difficult to fix. I think there's a lever that needs to be switched over when starting, sort of like an immobiliser, often on the left hand handlebar, or held pressed in as the starter is engaged, but could be anywhere .. ;)

Reply to
Digweed .. ;)

Not wishing to split hairs, but isn't an LT80 and 80cc quad bike?

Reply to
QrizB

Defiately not an expert but some have them switches on the seats so they won't run unless your sat on it like the sit on mowers.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Will get Bruce to have a look later.

Reply to
Nikki

Yes it is and that's what we have out in the garden, not a 50cc. Sorry.

Reply to
Nikki

He seems to think that its stuck in gear/drive and needs to be in neutral to start. He's found the switch and knows that there is a throttle restrictor on it, but doesn't think that it the problem.

Reply to
Nikki

In article , PDannyD writes

...oh, and do let us know what you did to get it going, when it does eventually. The suspense is killing me :)

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

Will do. He's not had a chance to look at it again as he's been finishing of building the new top for his trailer, so we can take the other quad(ours) on holiday with us.

Reply to
Nikki