Bolts again - Complete!

Ta all - ended up progressively drilling out the offending bolts and then belting what was left with a punch. Job done but now must get the bits out of the crossmember...another job another day!

Was most amused when finished wiring in the towbar electrics this PM when I found that LRs seem not to use either European 7 core cable or British Standard Vehicle colours. Spent ages with the multimeter - or have I missed something blinding obvious again?

JonW D90

-- snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com "When in danger, when in doubt - Run in circles, scream and shout." Rule 8g RotR (amended)

Reply to
jonnie.nightbar

Or military wiring ??

Reply to
AndWhyNot

Not mil wiring - I go with the Lucas theory (or more likely a parts bin special as all the other bits and bobs Solihull bunged on it as an end of production run 300tdi seem to be somewhat, er, unique).

JonW D90

Reply to
jonnie.nightbar

On or around Sat, 02 Aug 2003 21:10:07 +0100, Dan enlightened us thusly:

ISTR lucas-type colours, but they also seem to be a bit of a mixture in places. May depend on the age. The older ones seem to be very much like all the other older vehicles. Mind you, I assume the colour code was extended when they decided that each headlamp filament was going to have its own fuse, etc.

I'd like a copy of your list, if you would - reply-to will work.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 10:22:22 +0100, Austin Shackles woke me up from day-dreaming about allsorts of things and broke forth with the following words:

Emailed to both...

Reply to
Dan