where do you access this?

i was just wondering what everyone accesses this newsgroup through? i use outlook express, which seems to send/recieve all the posts very quickly. i will post something and about 1 min later i will be able to see it, but it only lists the posts in order of the original post. not the one that was most recently added to.

i have just tried google and that seems very slow but does list everything in the order in which the most recent post was sent.

what does everyone use, and which is the best?

Reply to
samuel mcgregor

samuel mcgregor tried to scribble ...

Outlook Express can list the posts in the order you want.

Just click the column headers labelled 'Subject', 'Sent' etc for a change of order. You can also move the columns about and delete or add to them for better 'readability' of the groups .. View - Columns ... ;)

Reply to
Digweed .. ;)

I use Outlook Express also and my connection is throu news.cis.dfn.de although I am based in Greece. The Greek provided (otenet.gr) was seized the connection to several newsgroups, including this one, about two months ago following some financial problems of their newgroups provided connections.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

i can only get it to list the messages in the order of the original post. i want to be able to list it in the order of the post that has been replied to most recently. can outlook do that?

Reply to
samuel mcgregor

Same here but on a macintosh in sunny(well its this morning)Leicester.

If I click the column that says sent it will list all the messages in the order that they are posted for the day. If you click it once more it displays in the reverse order, the oldest post at the top. If go to the top of the page where it says view, and click on columns, then I can turn off or on what I want to see.

Reply to
Nikki

On or around Sat, 2 Aug 2003 17:21:54 +1000, "samuel mcgregor" enlightened us thusly:

Forte Agent.

I wouldn't let Outlurk depressing anywhere near my machine...

There are other things, but I like Agent.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

As my headers proclaim, I'm using FreeAgent.

Reply to
QrizB

Flag it in the column with the goggles in by clicking next to the post... This then watches the thread your interested in and highlights it Red. Normally the watched thread will appear in it's normal position but if you click on the goggles image at the top of the column then it places all the watched threads at the top of the list of posts to save you scrolling up and down.....sorted!

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 10:25:42 +0100, Austin Shackles made me spill my meths by writing:

Likewise, Agent isn't that much for the full version and well worth getting used to IMHO :)

Reply to
Wayne Davies

samuel mcgregor wrote: (snip)

Knode under Mandrake 9.0 O/S. Had no objections to OE when using Windows. Speed is almost entirely up to your connection and ISP.

JD

Reply to
John

On or around Sat, 02 Aug 2003 15:45:37 GMT, Wayne Davies enlightened us thusly:

tried another thing (Gemini, I think) which is better in some ways, but lacks all the useful keyboard shortcuts which I like in Agent.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sat, 2 Aug 2003 11:29:17 +0100, "Lee_D"

enlightened us thusly:

Agent will do this and only fetch message bodies for a watched thread, rather than the whole group, if you ask it to.

Reply to
Austin Shackles