Re: OT - Product warnings

Just goes to show what we've always suspected, you just can't teach common sense ;-) Or to put it another way, some people are totally beyond help...

Reply to
David Sillitoe

UK - US : 1-0 :)

Reply to
Erik De Keyser

On a block of dry-ice CAUTION: SITTING ON THIS MAY CAUSE FROSTBITE.

Reply to
PDannyD

On a Cigarette lighter (Clipper, bought from the newsagents)

WARNING: IGNITE AWAY FROM FACE OR CLOTHING.

Seems logical untill you actually try to light a cig with it......

Alex

Reply to
Alex

"Where there's no sense you can't knock it"

Reply to
Nikki

And then there is also:

7up CONTENTS UNDER PRESSURE. CAP MAY BLOW OFF CAUSING EYE OR OTHER SERIOUS INJURY. POINT AWAY FROM FACE AND PEOPLE, ESPECIALLY WHEN OPENING.

Many Irish Mineral Waters claim that the water was in the Spring for thousands of years , then they have this ... BEST BEFORE JAN 2002

Various Computers : KEYBOARD NOT DETECTED. PRESS F1 TO RESUME

Nabisco Easy Cheese FOR BEST RESULTS, REMOVE CAP.

Baby Oil KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN

Little Ones Baby Lotion KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN

Childrens Cough Syrup THIS FORMULA MAY CAUSE DROWSINESS, IF AFFECTED DO NOT OPERATE HEAVY MACHINERY OR DRIVE A VEHICLE.

Unknown Birth Control Pills DO NOT USE IF YOU ARE PREGNANT, INTENT TO BECOME PREGNANT ,OR MIGHT BE PREGNANT.

Komatsu Floodlight THIS FLOODLIGHT IS CAPABLE OF ILLUMINATING LARGE AREAS, EVEN IN THE DARK

Chris N

Reply to
Chris Naylor

or what about when you spend your hard earned on a GPS, rush home wire it all up and then you are greeted by a message saying:

"DO NOT RELY ON THIS PRODUCT AS YOUR PRIMARY SOURCE OF NAVIGATION"

Naturally you wouldn't do this, and the laptop and moving map software etc etc are really on aids to aids to aid you in your navigation, but merely symbols of your reliance on things you don't have the right to fully understand or use with confidence.

Cheers

Phillip Simpson

PS Hope this message doesn't come up on the GPS systems on planes! Or maybe it does and that's why they stop every 10-12 hours to land and check the direction.

Reply to
Phillip Simpson

On or around Tue, 9 Dec 2003 23:34:26 -0000, "Chris Naylor" enlightened us thusly:

excellent - yer wouldn't want it to only work when it was light.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On a lot of computers :- "Intel Inside"

and "Microsoft"

- you were warned!

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

Buy a mac instead!

Reply to
Nikki

Nah! Risc-OS (nee Acorn)!

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

Wax or plastic?

Graham

Reply to
Graham G

Never heard of them ;-)

Reply to
Nikki

A very well kept secret - connect to the internet and have no worries about viruses - bliss!!

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

Fantastic Richard, great link too! Whats it supposed to be then? Seems to me like its a non operation system :o)

Alistair

Reply to
Alistair

I don't understand your comment.

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

That link is dead for me, which i presume is what he meant..

Reply to
Tom Woods

Richard, yes the link does'nt work for me

Cheers

Alistair

Reply to
Alistair

But you never have to worry about viruses on unpopular systems...

Reply to
David French

Oh bugger - it doesn't work for me either now! Dammed computers...... Looks like something conked out somewhere!

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson