Re: OT: STOLEN MOTORBIKE

Some scumbags nicked my fecking bike last night.

Blimey, tough luck. Bet you're at least glad you put that camera in, hopefully it'll pay off!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

In message , Nige writes

Bad luck mate. Nice camera though! What kind of camera gives them sort of pics at night? I'd imagine the local plod should be able to work out who it is from that.

Reply to
mark

|| The bikes long gone, but i have a few 'leads' to explore tomorrow at || dawn. BTW, i am more gutted about this than anything (apart from my || family etc) they could have took from me.

Good luck, Nige - just don't get yourself in worse trouble than they are.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

No matey, you misunderstand, i'm no dipstick, it's those scuzzers!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

sorry about your bike Nige

I'd definately be interested in more infon on the camera too. Im just looking at setting up a PC based CCTV system and need some cameras.

Reply to
Tom Woods

I made a start to a PC based setup, but the IP connectible standalone DVR units were cheap enough that I just went and bought one. Cost me about £300 for a 4 channel recorder and about £200 for 4 cameras to suit (2 daylight, and 2 night-capable ones).

Reply to
EMB

Ive just found 'zoneminder'. which is a lunix based harddisk CCTV thing

That wont cost anything since ihave spare PC's already :). PC in the loft and some cameras and ishould be sorted. Most of the schools round here have got cheap DRV units and all the ones i have used have been totally crap! The PC based one above looks loads better!

With one brand of DVR unit in particular, it doesnt record whilst playing back, recording disks off it is really hard and you have to use the special software to play it back. The software is crap (crashes all the time, is not user friendly and is written in engrish) and it doesnt work over a network as advertised.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Remind me next time you pop around, I've something Windows based for your needs and with your Zen connection you can save the images to your web host, or at least the most recent ones.

You doing Malvern??

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D