Re: P38 water use!

If it's O rings you'll get a nice wet patch up the left side of the driver's

> footwell- plus the telltale smell of coolant. > Thing is, the O rings leak when the system is being over-pressurised- a > sympton of the dread Loose Liner problem. > Start saving for those Top Hats! (Interesting, that- I hadn't heard of them > 'til now)

Aye, Badger told me about 'em & i did see 'em in a mag. Just about my luck really, the car has done

150,000 miles & it happens when I own it!!

Well, if it is the liners at least they can be sorted permanantly without a new engine!

I'll whip the plugs out for a gander later.

Cheerie

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Nige, dunno if you picked me up wrong matey. To replace the liners is a full engine strip-down job and either send the block away for the top-hat linering process or exchange it for one that's already been done. Whatever way, you'll put in new rings, shells and probably a cam and followers at the same time, effectively ending up with a new engine. Badger.

Reply to
Badger