Re: Range Rover 3.9 non CAT won't start, over fuelling.

> > So what can make it deliver so much fuel it won't even run.

It look slike it is the Air flow meter, next question does any one know the best place to get it checked or replaced. As cheap as posible as it only needed for starting as the rest of the time it is running on LPG.

I have seen ATP electronics

and theyhave a dealer near me in Stevenage, has anyone dealt with them. Tony,

Reply to
Tony Bartels

Well the meter has been tested with no fault found by ATP.

They think the problem may be with the injectors delivering to much fuel on startup as they are disk type and once worn do not close properly for the first few cycles and by this time it has flooded.

This is a new one on me has any one heard of this before.

Tony,

Reply to
Tony Bartels

Presumably it starts okay on LPG?

Cheers Gary

Reply to
Gary Sutherland

Being an EFI it never started on LPG unless you had just stopped it as the path from the vaporiser is to long to draw in the LPG under cranking.

Tony,

Reply to
Tony Bartels

Hmmmm.. ours works just fine. You have to crank it a bit longer than normal but it starts just fine. Bit lumpy till the engine has gotten warmer but fine otherwise.

The petrol fuel pump on our EFi Discovery has conked out so Steph is having to start it this way at the moment.

Cheers Gary

Reply to
Gary Sutherland

How odd, my 3.9EFI motor starts fine on LPG. I suppose it must depend on the conversion equipment used.

Reply to
Mr. Spam