Re: Tailgate Door Lock - Discover 1

Hi. You will probably find that it's the small circular spring that has broken. Available on ebay ( look for Discovery door lock spring) about £4 and easy to fit on the tailgate. Rick

Got a bit of a problem with the tailgate door on my Discovery (1997 vintage) in that the lock won't unlock on the fob. I can unlock it with the key okay though :-)

I've got the trim and all off at the moment for access to the mechanism but can't see what's wrong. The actuator lifts up when I hit the unlock button but as it relaxes again (as I understand it should) the lock mechanism falls back into the locked position.

I had a similar problem with the drivers door lock on a different Discovery some years ago and that was cured by adjusting the length of a stainless steel rod. I was kinda hoping this would be something similar but I don't see any adjustment on any of the linkages ... am I missing something?

Also, the actuator (AMR3382) is feckin' expensive (£75 from Rimmer Bros). Does my memory serve me correctly in thinking that someone like Maplins did an identical unit for a lot less - or have I completely lost the plot? I'm not (yet) convinced that the actuator is faulty but it'd be nice to know just in case :-)

Any assistance would be appreciated :-)

Reply to
Rick F

Oops sorry for top posting Rick

Rick F

Don't apologise, mate. I do it all the time :-)

Regards

Steve G

Rick F wrote:

Reply to