rear seal on center diff

Well its starting to spray g oil in a complete circle around the brake drum thing. Is it time to change the seal? It has been dripping for 3 years but seems to be worse since last year? Im not anxious to go to my dealer as things always develope after a visit especially after they told me last time it would be taken out and fixed for $750 ish. Maybe changing the oil would help IDK Peter

Reply to
Peter

What type of Landy is it ? It shouldn't drip let alone spray oil round the transmission brake. It could be a bit of a messy under-car job to fix, but I thought these were replaceable without major surgery (at least on the old-uns). Of course if the seal has gone becasue the bearing has died, then that might be a different matter - but it shouldn't happen.

Steve (Chesire , UK).

Reply to
Cheshire Steve

Reply to