Just when everything was working so well

I've just had one of those evenings we are ( now were ) off fishing tomorrow and I was checking everything was ready and noticed a rear tyre was a bit low ordinarily that would not be a problem( remember I am a compressor nut) , But the valve cap would not come off its a kid proof one that comes with a little spanner -local scallies seem to like nicking the ordinary ones out side the ale shop we guess for their BMX. . With the benefit of the home tool kit out comes the a 13mm spanner and because the valve was turning on the rim moles to grip the valve body bit of grunting and pop! out comes the middle of the valve instant flat tyre. Peel off the pvc spare wheel cover and there is the spare correct size and fully inflated secured with 3 locking nuts for which yep you guessed...there is no adapter break out the bigger moles grunt grunt and off she comes................................. and its a steel wheel unlike the road wheels and of course even when I get the flat off there are no nuts to fit as steels need taper end nuts and the alloys have collared nuts. I am not going fishing tomorrow in fact I may go and have a look at a Range Rover once I have been down the tyre fitters! Derek

Reply to
Derek

"Fishing is complete and utter madness." - Spike Milligan

"Going and looking Range Rovers just proves it." - Richard

Richard

Reply to
BeamEnds

and bidding on a S2 merely confirms both Richard and Milligna's assertion.

Derek close to the edge down by the river, seasons will pass you by

Reply to
Derek

Been to see the RRC - wheelarches- every car should have one which was the problem the other 3 were shot along with the rear X member and the A pillar n/s I don't mind a bit of welding but I didn't fancy digging any further especially with the dodgy looking paint on the rear legs of the chassis rail still it would be handy for parts............................................. Derek

Reply to
Derek

Or target practice by the sounds of it - Walk away Derek theres a good one out there somewhere!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D