Refurbishing seized viscous coupling

The viscous coupling on my 300TDI radiator fan has seized up, apart from buying a new one, is there anyway one can 'recondition' these?

Reply to
Griffith

I don't think they are intended to come apart. Mine is permamnently loose, and I have tried to beat it into seizing, but now it is loose and rattles. I couldn't see any way to open it up. Its going to be replaced by electric some time v soon. Then I can take a can opener to it and find what is inside.

Steve

Reply to
Cheshire Steve