Registration of ex-military vehicle

Hi, can anyone help me please. I have checked the DVLA web site but am none the wiser. What is the procedure to register an ex military Landrover that has only had military plates. If we do not know the exact age will it get a 'Q' plate or will they take a chassis number and work out an age and issue a plate related to that age. I am asking on behalf of a friend and do not have any serial numbers immediately available to me. many thanks Peter

Reply to
john smith

Go here -

or
or
and you'll find out how to getage of vehicle from chassis number or military reg and how to registerit. If you can prove age from MOD or Gaydon you'll get an age relatedplate.

Sean

73FL74 101GS 1984 110 2.5NA Medway Military Vehicle Group
sean101ryan

Hi Sean, thankyou for the info. I will pass it on ans see where we get to. regards Peter

Reply to
john smith

Hi John,

I did this myself a few years ago. The vehicle is ex RAF. When I purchased it it was supplied with an MOD release document that had the relevant detail to register with the DVLA.

I needed the release document, an insurance certificate and an MOT certificate (these used the VIN as the vehicle was not registered at this point)

Took all these to my local DVLA centre who took my money for the road tax and gave me the registration appropriate to it's age. The V5 followed a few days later.

Then told the insurance company the new registration mark.

Regards

Richard

Reply to
Richard