ROT : 206 diesel filter

Having spent a good 20 mins poking about under the bonnet of the 206 this afternoon I have failed to find the diesel filter ,, anyone know where it is ?

Reply to
Smurf

afternoon I have failed to find

I did a 306 a while back and if memory serves me it's a black plastic lump with

2 or 3 allen screws holding the lid at the top of the engine nearside front BUT as always ICBW
Reply to
Andy.Smalley

Thanks for that Andy, there is a black plastic lump there that looks nothing like a filter, but has a pushy downy pumpy thing at the side of it, guess that must be it, no allan (or other) screws on it, looks like its a trip to Half%$ds to get a manual, or god forbid, take it to a garage for a service.

Reply to
Smurf

Ahh the "pushy downy pump one" it's got a sort of ratchet clip round it that holds it together

Reply to
jOn

If memory serves me right its a black plastic can bolted to the front of the engine with 4 allen or torx screws holding the top on. Hope this helps

Reply to
the ickys

If it's an oval shaped one it has a plastic spring collar thing holding the lid on, with a ratchet type quick release/fit fixing. It only goes back on one way, so make sure you know how before unclipping it!

There should be a drain screw with a bit of plastic pipe hanging down near the bottom of the filter can. Best to open this once the top is off and drain and discard the contents - the water collects at the bottom - don't forget to close it or fuel consumption will be seriously affected!

After replacing the filter (should come with any 'O' rings and seals necessary) and securing the lid use the hand pump to clear the air from the system. If there is a small bleed screw on the injection pump open it while pumping until the air is purged. Don't overtighten it when done. If there is no bleed screw it should purge the air down the bleedback pipe to the tank.

If you are unlucky enough to get air past the injection pump into the injectors you will have to carefully slacken each injector union a bit in turn while someone cranks the engine over on the starter. It can be dangerous as the diesel bleeds out at an enormous pressure. The engine should eventually get back to normal as each injector is purged.

Hope this helps - if anyone has any comments or questions re this, I'm off to Wales in the Landy tomorrow, so I'm not being ignorant when I don't reply.

If you see a white 110 heading west with a fuel bowser on the back, it'll probably be me!

Andy Fox

110 V8 (Weber 500)

Reply to
Andy Fox