Rounded off wheel nuts

On or around 09 Dec 2004 18:47:55 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comknujon (AN6530) enlightened us thusly:

which most nuts on alloys do; hence the difficulty removing the buggers. Welding another nut to the outer end is still the best bet, I reckon.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Ah, I'd missed the bit about alloys

My rangie had NoStyle steels on it.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

You can see from the other responses that none of these blokes have ever had to really do it.

I had this problem on an old Hillman. I even tried heating the nuts with oxy-acetylene. No luck.

In the end and after rounding off the nut until it was almost circular, I found the best solution was to use a Metrinch socket with a rattle gun (air impact wrench). Worked a treat.

Ron Beckett Emu Plains, Australia

1995 P38A Range Rover HSE 4.6 Litre V8

Reply to
The Becketts