Wheel Nuts

Hi I have a daewoo espero which has locking wheel nuts but I do not have a key for them which is the best way to get them off.Or is there any key that I can buy to get them off Thanks Martin

Reply to
gusgus

The message from "gusgus" contains these words:

Hammer the nearest size down of ordinary socket over it and undo it. Don't make the same mistake next time.

Reply to
Guy King

If you don't fancy doing it yourself, take it to a tyre and exhaust place. I bet they do it all the time. It took them about 15 minutes to do it on a car I'd bought where the seller had lost the key. I never got to find out how much they charged for it though.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

That'll be a order for 4 sockets then or one for a wheel nut remover kit. When I had a mangled locking wheel nut last year I had to drill it out.... it took forever as nothing else was working.

I found the best thing to do was drill a pilot hole (5-6mm diameter) and then use a Dremel with a tungsten carbide cutter to enlarge it until the head could be 'persuaded' to separate from the stud with a chisel. That was a Laguna with recessed wheel bolts.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dugan

The message from "Chris Dugan" contains these words:

I've always managed to drift the nuts back out of the sockets.

Reply to
Guy King