RR 89 3.5l EFI Thermostat mod

Hi,

I've just bought a 89 RR, which has turned out to have no thermstat fitted (hopefully this explains the heaters reluctance to work!).

I've got a cheapo 'stat from the local parts place but it has no 'jiggle pin'. As getting parts here in the Channel Islands can mean a wait of upto a week, I was wondering if you can drill the face of 'stat on insert a split pin in to do the job? Has anyone tried this with any success?

Cheers,

sarnian

Reply to
sarnian

Don't even bother with a jiggle pin - just drill a 1.5mm hole thru it.

Reply to
EMB

After further thought, check the stat where it opens - there may be a small groove in the sealing surface that acts as a bleed (instead of the jiggle pin setup).

Reply to
EMB

Hi,

thanks EMB, you are right there is a small (tiny!) groove between the mating surfaces.

Off into the cold night, socket in hand!

Cheers,

1000uf EMB wrote:
Reply to
sarnian