RR Classic 3.9 wont start

My 1994 3.9 rangie v8 will not start. It fires ok and really makes to try but wont burst into life. It ran really badly one morning, so gave everything a good squirt of wd-40 and can only assume this has caused the problem. (later found a bad plug lead!) It has plenty of fuel, has a good spark and seems to be firing more and more all the time but cannot connect and fire. Is there anything else I should try, other than blow drying everything and starting again. Is there any little thingy that makes it continue to run?

Dave