Gear stick bias springs

Hi

Has anyone replaced these springs that centre the gearstick in 3rd and 4th, Disco 98 Tdi? I am told that the plate they are fixed to cracks too. Have the bits on order for next Tuesday, just wondering how much a job it is.

TIA

Alistair

The biggest job is removing the centre console, parts will cost under a tenner and about ten minutes to replace plate and springs and set bias once you've got to them.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Thank you Martin, Ive had the centre console out more times than I care to remember, so really it should only take 11 minutes to complete. Did yours go on 1st and 2nd or 5th and reverse?

Alistair

I think it affected both as the plate was cracked and twisted slightly but it was quite a while ago. Another thing, I've only just noticed yours is '98 but I think the setup is the same as my '94 with 200 Tdi and LT77 box. The plate for mine was only about 2 GB pounds.

Martin

Reply to
Oily