Petrol & Diesel

Just been sent this and not for the first time... thoughts??

POWER TO THE PEOPLE...

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it We are hitting 95p a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £1 a ltr.

Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in! Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP,

we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices.

If they reduce their prices,the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers.

It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people.

If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes

one level further, you guessed it... .. THREE HUNDRED Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take?

If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next

8days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!

Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!

Reply to
Lee_D

"Oh no, not again" ?

Reply to
Mother

My sister recently got a computer and the first thing she sent me was this. welcome to the internet eh.

-- Mark.

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

MVP

what a load of cr*p. esso and bp are not one as it says. and guess who supplies tesco, asda....etc?

Reply to
Richard

Evening all, Ah but if we all did stop using the Esso and BP forecourt pumps although they supply other fuel suppliers do you not think this would have a impact on their direct sales to car users, Only my thought, as the price is starting to get a bit much..

Rich

Reply to
Rich

as is your ability to quote properly.

as is your ability to post properly.

as is your ability to snip properly.

Otherwise, yes, I agree with you...

Reply to
Mother

so MVP was, like...

You'll be having one of those hoax virus scare mailings soon. She'll learn in a year or two.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Lee_D blithered:

Thought we had this conversation a little while ago when I posted it!

A comment, since the tax burden on fuel is currently around 63ppl How are the suppliers going to be able to provide you with go juice out of 6ppl for everything?

Reply to
GbH

Dunno but the person wrote the text must have had 69 in his/her head for some reason......

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

ooooo, sorry sir !

Reply to
Richard

"Lee_D" wrote> ((big snips))

Seeing as 80% of the price is tax, for every 1p increase the Co's make the Government increase it by 4p. So why hit the oil companies when the price they charge has risen due to the world price in oil rising for various reasons, including increased car use in the 3rd world. The people to hit are the Government for not reducing the tax % in this case or making it a static tax that doesn't rise with the price. But then they wouldn't be getting this windfall in Tax from motorists to fill the huge hole in their economic policies.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

I'm on your side richie. bit petty telling people off for "incorrectly" quoting dont you think??

Sam.

Reply to
Samuel

But most of the Esso and BP garages are franchises(sp?) so all that will happen is some people will lose their jobs and somebody will lose his/her business Esso and BP will continue to supply fuel to other retailers as mentioned elsewhere it's the government that needs to alter it's policy but even if they were replaced the next lot would still be the same

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net...

You are so right Bob, the only thing that will work is direct action that hurts / affects the politicians, to make them sit up and take notice! I've said it before, and I'll say it again - everyone was feeling the pinch 5 years ago and yes, I am well aware that a lot of businesses (mainly small ones) were being hurt financially, and as a garage it will hurt me this time if it happens, but if the truckers had stuck it out for another week or so, the pressure put upon the government by industry and commerce would have been huge, huge enough to see a result I reckon. The army etc (I was in the raf at the time, and the raf have a lot more tanker qualified drivers than the army or navy!) think they can step in, but they really don't have the ability or manpower, what with blair having sent so many to the gulf and their numbers reduced by redundancy etc., and all they are used to doing anyway is pottering around an airfield at slow speed with no real traffic or navigational issues to contend with. A mate drives for BP from Grangemouth, and he delivers fuel to just about every branded filling station and supermarket (except texaco, i think), due to cross-supply arrangements, so hitting any one particular brand means absolutely nothing, and it certainly won't ruffle any feathers in downing street! Bringing the country's transport infrastructure to a standstill however.... well, that'll have an effect. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Odd init... Whoever you vote for, The Government always gets in.

Reply to
Mother

a group of muppets by any other name...

-- Mark.

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

MVP

On or around Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:16:26 GMT, "Rich" enlightened us thusly:

more to the point would be to get after the government, who get about 60ppl of the price we pay.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 13 Sep 2005 10:54:14 +0100, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

or more.

but evenso, since when did fuel become a luxury item and subject to full-rate VAT? Come to that, since when did domestic fuel get worthy of VAT?

fecking government could do with being reduced in size by about 50% and brought up to date on life in the real world, IYAM.

Take council roadmenders, as an example. We've all seen plenty of these - and they typically down tools about 3:30 for a tea break and then depart for a leisurely drive back to the depot, arriving about 4:30 at which point it's not worth going on to another job. I know - I drive past 'em at school-home-time, and by the time the secondary schoolkids are off their bus at 10 past 4, the council workers have all vanished.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Seing as these are usually much more expensive than the supermarkets where i buy my petrol anyway, and certainly more expensive than two or three local (non-esso/bp) garages which are also as cheap and from whom i also buy my petrol, I can't see that this will make the slightest difference.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I'm affraid

just goes to show how clueless a lot of people are about how the oil business works, and doesn't inspire much confidence in their other "ideas".

Mind you, here's a thought...... I fuel tax were to be reduced the tax would be raised somehow, unless we change out tax regime to match our competetors, so....

For the farmers - reduce tax on red diesel to nothing, but abolish

*all* farming subsidies, including set-aside etc.

For the hauliers - reduce fuel tax to European rates, but introduce road tolls as in Europe (which would actually increase costs over the current system - but, hey, thats what they keep telling us they

*want*!).

For everyone else, introduce compulsory private health care, as in most of Europe and abolish fuel tax altogether.

No takers?

Strange...........

Richard

Reply to