Petrol & Diesel

Just been sent this and not for the first time... thoughts??
POWER TO THE PEOPLE...
See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it We are
hitting 95p a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying 1 a ltr.
Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:
This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol.
It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.
Please read it and join in! Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP,
we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.
The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:
For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.
If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices.
If they reduce their prices,the other companies will have to follow suit.
But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers.
It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!
I am sending this note to a lot of people.
If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!
If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes
one level further, you guessed it... .. THREE HUNDRED Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take?
If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8days!!!
I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!
Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.
PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE
It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso.
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!
On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:30:39 +0100, "Lee_D"
"Oh no, not again" ?
what a load of cr*p. esso and bp are not one as it says. and guess who supplies tesco, asda....etc?

as is your ability to quote properly.
as is your ability to post properly.
as is your ability to snip properly.
Otherwise, yes, I agree with you...
ooooo, sorry sir !

I'm on your side richie. bit petty telling people off for "incorrectly" quoting dont you think??
Sam.
On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:30:39 +0100, "Lee_D"

My sister recently got a computer and the first thing she sent me was this. welcome to the internet eh.
-- Mark. www.markvarleyphoto.co.uk www.mvp-fine-art.co.uk www.4x4info.info www.shoot-to-thrill.com
Evening all, Ah but if we all did stop using the Esso and BP forecourt pumps although they supply other fuel suppliers do you not think this would have a impact on their direct sales to car users, Only my thought, as the price is starting to get a bit much..
Rich
-- To reply remove " spam "

But most of the Esso and BP garages are franchises(sp?) so all that will happen is some people will lose their jobs and somebody will lose his/her business Esso and BP will continue to supply fuel to other retailers as mentioned elsewhere it's the government that needs to alter it's policy but even if they were replaced the next lot would still be the same
--
Andy

SWB Series 2a ( dressed as a 3) "Bruce"
On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 08:11:22 +0100, "Andy.Smalley"

Odd init... Whoever you vote for, The Government always gets in.

a group of muppets by any other name...
-- Mark. www.markvarleyphoto.co.uk www.mvp-fine-art.co.uk www.4x4info.info www.shoot-to-thrill.com
On or around Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:16:26 GMT, "Rich"

more to the point would be to get after the government, who get about 60ppl of the price we pay.
"Brevis esse laboro, Obscurus fio" (it is when I struggle to be
On or around Tue, 13 Sep 2005 10:54:14 +0100, Austin Shackles

or more.
but evenso, since when did fuel become a luxury item and subject to full-rate VAT? Come to that, since when did domestic fuel get worthy of VAT?
fecking government could do with being reduced in size by about 50% and brought up to date on life in the real world, IYAM.
Take council roadmenders, as an example. We've all seen plenty of these - and they typically down tools about 3:30 for a tea break and then depart for a leisurely drive back to the depot, arriving about 4:30 at which point it's not worth going on to another job. I know - I drive past 'em at school-home-time, and by the time the secondary schoolkids are off their bus at 10 past 4, the council workers have all vanished.
"Brevis esse laboro, Obscurus fio" (it is when I struggle to be
so Austin Shackles was, like...

Classic sight today, on the way home from work. Group of council guys putting up a new road sign. One putting the sign up, FIVE watching him do it.
--
Rich
==============================

ISTR that VAT was levied on fuel right from day 1, some time back in the 1970's . I can remember my old man complaining long and loud that it was a tax on tax, much good it did him.
-- Pete
On or around Wed, 14 Sep 2005 10:05:23 +0100, Pete Young

still a load of bollox, though. and they wonder why there's inflation...
"It is a characteristic of the human mind to hate the man one has injured"
so MVP was, like...

You'll be having one of those hoax virus scare mailings soon. She'll learn in a year or two.
--
Rich
==============================
Richard Brookman wrote:

Nah, I'd put money on it being one of the "e-mail tracking share the Microsoft/Gates/Disney/HP/Intel millions" type things !
In blithered:

Thought we had this conversation a little while ago when I posted it!
A comment, since the tax burden on fuel is currently around 63ppl How are the suppliers going to be able to provide you with go juice out of 6ppl for everything?
--
"He who says it cannot be done should not interrupt her doing it."

If at first you don't succeed,

Dunno but the person wrote the text must have had 69 in his/her head for some reason......
Lee D