Insurance

Having just bought a "G" reg Defender 110 CSW 2.5 Turbo diesel (to replace the Disco), I now find that I am having trouble insuring it because of the number of seats.

Who do others use for insurance?

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

->Having just bought a "G" reg Defender 110 CSW 2.5 Turbo diesel (to

->replace the Disco), I now find that I am having trouble insuring it

->because of the number of seats.

Hi Peter,

We've used Adrian Flux for most of the fleet never had a issue, even good when the modifications list runs to two pages.

Reply to
Geoff

NFU! A the very least they know what one is.........

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

In article , beamendsltd writes

Seconded - and VERY competitive.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

As long as you are over 25

Reply to
Hirsty's

On or around Mon, 12 Sep 2005 17:01:29 GMT, SpamTrapSeeSig enlightened us thusly:

I use NFU here, and they're OK. May depend on your local office how good a service you get, but our lot are good.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

->In article , beamendsltd

-> writes

->

->>NFU! A the very least they know what one is.........

->

->Seconded - and VERY competitive.

Every time I have tried them they have been one of the most expensive, even for a standard 90 and Disco.

IIRC the are no longer a "Mutual"

Reply to
Geoff

I have a 12 seater CSW - go to Graham Sykes - they understand completely about Land Rover Insurance.

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw

They very definately are - I'm a member. They were the cheapest for

110CSW (very few would touch it), the next nearest was Elephant, another 40 quid (but their site did not make clear if I was "buying" for a SW).

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Thanks for all the advice.

We went with Adrian Flux. A very good price for the 110 CSW, 28 days for the Disco in parallel and no hassles when we go veggie!

Standby for lots of questions on 1990 110's!

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
Peter Sheppard

->->

->> ->>

->> ->In article , beamendsltd

->> -> writes

->> ->

->> ->>NFU! A the very least they know what one is.........

->> ->

->> ->Seconded - and VERY competitive.

->>

->> Every time I have tried them they have been one of the most expensive, even for

->> a standard 90 and Disco.

->>

->> IIRC the are no longer a "Mutual"

->

->They very definately are - I'm a member. They were the cheapest for

->110CSW (very few would touch it), the next nearest was Elephant,

->another 40 quid (but their site did not make clear if I was "buying"

->for a SW).

But do they now have shareholders and this now need to make a proffit ?

I have asked them to quote on various 4x4's over the years and they have never been close, the last was for a bob'd Range Rover, they wanted a full engineers report and a eye watering £600 !

Reply to
Geoff

->Thanks for all the advice.

->

->We went with Adrian Flux. A very good price for the 110 CSW, 28 days

->for the Disco in parallel and no hassles when we go veggie!

But are you going to tell the tax man ;-)

->Standby for lots of questions on 1990 110's!

Bits will fall off, it will rust, break down and you will have lots of fun at MOT time !!

Reply to
Geoff

Still a Mutual, but are incorporated as a Ltd company, as opposed to a PLC.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd