RR MkIII L322 Nav Screen Problem

All of a sudden my nav screen does not want to work.

When I start up the screen stays blank and the LED on the on/off button is off.

I checked out the fuse for the screen (which was OK) but I noticed that when I re-inserted it the nav screen came on and was OK for the rest of the day's motoring but was again dead the next day.

I wonder if there is a bad connection at the rear of the fuse box or the screen.

Has anyone removed the fuse box or screen and how easy is it to do??

Any ideas anyone?

Reply to
Count de Monet

Having had problems with fuses in the past try a completely new fuse (but make sure it's a good one).

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Low Battery. The car is clever and will shut down anything it needs to, to keep the important systems up. Sat Nav/Audio/Etc are first in the list of not needed....

Reply to
Neil

Would this symptom remain with the engine running?

Reply to
Count de Monet

On my 4.4V8 it did ..... and also on my 4.2SC (all off and remained off).

Reply to
Neil

12.48v with engine not running and no load on battery. I will take the car to an auto electrician to have a proper battery test soon. I tested the system again today. When I remove fuse 49 and replace it the nav screen fires up fine and the nav system etc. works OK even when I remove the fuse and leave it out, strange.
Reply to
Count de Monet