RRC chassis price.

Friend of mine has an RRC chassis to dispose of. Is it worth anything ?

Steve

Reply to
steve

Thing is Steve, they are pretty tough to be fair & only really go around the back end, unless it's mint I fear not. RRC are so cheap now it can't really be worth much unless its good enough to help someone rebuild a late car& even they fetch tuppence now!!!

Or, he could try sell it to someone making a 6x6 or hybrid 90 etc. He's not gonna get a hangover out of it though!!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

I think he's looking for 100 quid for it - I'll have to disabuse him of the notion.....

Fellow 101'er BTW.

Steve

Reply to
steve

Fook me, he's no chance mate!! Better off giving it away to a good cause!

Reply to
Nige

20 quid scrap then !

Steve

Reply to
steve

when i scrapped a series III chassis they weighed it and I got £4.97 for it!

Richard

Reply to
Richard

I put one on eBay a while back, 99p start, got no bids.

I then tried to give it away on here, got no takers.

Eventually gave up and took the stihl saw to it.

Reply to
SimonJ

It may well be of interest to the CCV/Comp. Safari boys, with two front ends welded together being flavour of the month. eBay perhaps?

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Which is a fair price - holes don't weigh nothin' ;-)

Steve

Reply to
Steve

On or around Thu, 14 Dec 2006 08:50:57 -0000, "Steve" enlightened us thusly:

and rust ain't worth anythin'...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I'll suggest it, I suspect he has been seeing too many pound signs.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

On or around Thu, 14 Dec 2006 13:44:06 +0000, steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

My plan for a 140/100 or 130/90 6-wheeler would need a spare front-half of a rangie or similar chassis. However, that plan is not likely to happen for another 10 years at this rate; completion date for the 110-transit hybrid has now got pushed back to next summer.

Reply to
Austin Shackles