RRC problem

Starts fine, gets nice & warm. on load it misfires, fuel pump? Only done

70k from new, in 1989?

I'#m picking it up, it's T&T, but misfiring on load, maybe the coil etc?

Nige

ht leads?, maybe fuel pump relay

Reply to
madhatchetman

Cam?

Reply to
Lee_D

Had similar on my 90 petrol, would not do much over 30 mph and if you put your foot down hard at any speed it misfired and cut out, turned out to be fuel pump.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Check fuel pressure... my money's on coil pack/leads.

Craig. (Oz)

Reply to
CraigB

If ok under load when cold then the fuel supply is ok, it sounds like something not liking heat, so I'm going for HT coil or ignition amp module. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Hi matey, just spoke to the chap, he says it runs mega sweet at idle, once driving on load it 'hiccups' now & again.

Does it hot or cold.

I am off to pick it up week after Easter, i was gonna take a load of stuff with me to bolt on, like coil, leads, fuel pump etc

Any clues from the comprehensive description?

Reply to
Nige

Hmmm... unlikely to be fuel I still reckon, but check for split vacuum hose at rear of plenum to pressure reg, although that would have more of an effect off-load. I'm thinking possibly airflow meter in addition to what I suggested previously? Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Hi, it's an 89 with new head gaskets, known good compression etc

He's done the following...

new airflow meter new leads new plugs dizzy cap rotor arm

not sure of coil

He seems to know what he's doing too, but it's got him stumped. I'm not that arsed, but i will be driving it home & it's 180 miles...

The fuel pumps die on load dont they?

Reply to
Nige

On or around Sun, 28 Mar 2010 22:21:31 +0100, Nige enlightened us thusly:

which engine?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sun, 28 Mar 2010 22:21:31 +0100, Nige enlightened us thusly:

the in-tank pumps can get feeble with age, and it seesm with standing around doing nowt.

70 quid or so for a new one.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

3.5 v8 with an OLD coil he told me last night
Reply to
Nige

He hasnt tried a new coil on it yet, he's going to try a new one for me. For what they cost, may as well fit one anyway.

Reply to
Nige

I am seeing the pumps at £35-45, i'll take one & a gasket with me anyway as he has the floor up anyway :)

Reply to
Nige

On or around Wed, 31 Mar 2010 20:34:31 +0100, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

if it's a RR 3.5, it's a different pump. I was takling about the ones in the 3.9 RR and disco tanks, which are f*ck-off big thing incorporating the gauge unit as well.

coil is a possibility, make sure it's the right one too - electronic-ignition ones are different, different primary resistance ISTR.

Reply to
Austin Shackles