S111 prices.

Help! What's my S111 worth? It has to go (I've been told!) About to put it on e-bay and a friend has asked to buy it, and I truly don't have any idea what it's worth.

1974. SWB Hardtop. 2.25 petrol. Mileage... Goodness knows. MOT till Nov. Tax till Feb Engine doesn't smoke. Leaks a bit of oil from front bearing. Good starter. Unleaded head. Gearbox sometimes drops out of second on overrun. New rear springs about 5000 miles ago. Front spring could do with replacing idc. New clutch a couple of thousand miles ago, flywheel skimmed at same time. Exhaust replaced similar time. Some rust on bulkhead, by hinges and at top corners. Bodywork needs some attention/painting but it's not the worst I've seen by a long way. Steel frames of doors rusty too (aren't they all?) Drives OK and everything works (yes, even the fuel and temp gauges)

Main problem is it's only done 16 miles in the last two years so needs using.

I was going to put a reserve of £500 on e-bay seeing as I've seen some of the stuff on there, but what do you all think it's worth?

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Hi Bob , dont think your far off the mark at £500 , maybe a bit much given the size the repair bill is going to be but good luck anyway.Paul

Reply to
Paul N.E. Scotland