AA Badge question

From my late fathers estate, I've inherited a couple of car badges. The CSMA one is on the front of my car, but there is also an AA badge, flat with the wings on the top, a serial number on the back(?) and a phone and telegram number on the front. It's chromed.

What are these worth?

When I looked on the web, e-bay seemed to have only replicas and the only original I could find was on Canadian e-bay and went for $500 plus (£300 in real money).

TIA

Richard snipped-for-privacy@epbyr.bet (ROT13 to e-mail me directly). See

for most things to do with caravanning.

Reply to
Richard Cole

It certainly isn't worth £300.

Reply to
Doug

Not in the UK anyway, I have half a dozen of them, including a singapore one, and a minature motorcycle one

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Strictly speaking, nothing. When issued to the original AA member I think you'll they were still the property of the AA. I guess technically all sales of AA badges is theft !

Reply to
Mark W

Search for..The original 50s/60s AA badges are numerous at autojumbles everywhere from £5.00 upwards.

I purchased a beautiful, fully restored and rechromed one for £15.00 at Newark Autojumble.

Dixie

Reply to
dixie

Dixie

Thanks for that. Unfortunately this is not a chrome and yellow domed AA badge, but a flat AA badge (possibly chromed later, possibly originally chromed).

I'll have to put a picture on the web and post a link.

Thanks