Scrapped Series 2A

Friend had a Series 2A in need of some restoration, fuel tank leaked and engine seized, but good body and chassis and was a good runner before being laid up. Long story but how much would you think it was worth in that condition.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

£200
Reply to
Paul - xxx

Maybe it'd be worth more as parts if he dismantles it?

Whether it's worth the effort though, is debatable.

Reply to
John Williamson

Can't do that because it's been scrapped. After the engine seized it was laid up on their land and left for some years awaiting the funds to sort it out. Then it disappeared. Turns out a neighbour objected to it spoiling his view and he phoned a scrap dealer and got it taken away without the owners permission. The owner told the Police of it's loss which is how it all came out, and they are now discussing compensation which is why they asked if I could find out a value.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

In that case ...

From £250 upwards ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Saw an early 2A in East Anglia recently

I think because of its age it would have been road tax exempt

He wanted £2 1/2 K for it , but it did have an 11 month MOT

I drove past it several times and on the last occasion **Battle Axe** put her foot down !!

;-((((((((((

Reply to
DieSea

I'd say it realistically is worth £500 plus £200 a year which is what the bonus for being tax exempt to the keeper is.. and of course factoring in it would have lasted another 40 years that seems like a fair settlement. Or replacement of the vehicle with another S2 in good order as the chap who scrapped it would have no idea about the condition so it is irrelevant in my view.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I reckon the cheeky SOB that scrapped it should be stung, IMHO a series 2A is priceless, anyone that scraps a bit of english heritage like this should be publicly flogged, stoned and then made to pay compo to the tune of the owners desire.

Go and scrap his car off his driveway - and call it quits

Reply to
Tony L

Hang on a mo

In years gone by he would have been "EXPORTED" to Oz and set to work as convict labour

The question is would we want him here picking cherries ??

;-((((

Reply to
DieSea

That's how some of my ancesters relatives ended up there and Tasmania. Doubt they would want this obnoxious self-important chap. Mind you, knowing the Ozzys, they would certainly put his hat on straight.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Look to completed listings on Ebay for a guide for instance item

220631227793 sound like a similar restoration vehicle and it sold for £400 or this 330447001893 series 2 that sold for £645 without an MOT. The other consideration is whether it had an interesting registration number as that alone could have been worth a lot more. If however his intention had been to break it and sell as spares a quick look down sold completed listings for second hand Series 2 parts and I soon arrived at over £800.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Strikes me that some element of retribution for the illegal act is required. As the 'evidence' no longer exists and the perpetrator probably knows nothing about the vehicle make them squirm!

Reply to
Dougal

Would it not be better (and morally correct) to value it as a working vehicle being as the intention was to make it run, and subtract an estimate for second hand parts to fix it? Making sure it doesn't come out as a negative value of course!

Basically trying to calculate what it would be worth working and how much it would have cost you to make it work and claim for the difference?

Reply to
Ian Rawlings
:

Alan

Reply to
Roberts

The Law Society, but if they're discussing compensation then he's not denying it so I don't think they would be interested in taking it further.

Reply to
Oily

In message , Oily writes

The Law Society are a complete and utter waste of time.

Reply to
hugh

there is always the other option do to them what they have done to you get one of their cars scrapped same way as yours was could probably call it karma mrx7

Reply to
mrx7™