Seats

In my defender TDI 300 from 1999 I still have the original seats. When driving longer than an hour I get back problems. Is it wurth getting a new seat to sit on ? Or is it bether to get a whole new seat? Anybody with the same problem??

Reply to
gerrit

Well maybe... I noticed my back would ache if I had the rear of the seat reclined too much over a long journey. Back problems are probably specific to each person rather than the car. I would have thought a Landys seating position was less likely to cause back problems due to the more upright position...I dunno though. Wolverine. Big Red 110 CSW

Reply to
Wolverine

Hi

I had the same problem - replaced the seat with a STRATOS suspension seat - great. Cost me about AU$800 all up including fitting. I selected the XT commerical but they all seemed good.

Stratos did the seats in the Australian Army Defenders so they know the vehicles.

Reply to
Robert White

Robert, thank you. Live in the northern part of Holland so a ausie seat is a bit far fetchs but will look around localy first if there is a seat for sale. Thanks for the link. Gerry

"gerrit" schreef in bericht news:424c7194$0$148$ snipped-for-privacy@news.xsall.nl...

Reply to
gerrit

On or around Sat, 2 Apr 2005 08:17:52 +0200, "gerrit" enlightened us thusly:

In mine, I fitted sierra seats. The ones I had happened to be from an XR4x4, but that was only 'cos those were sitting around in a spare car.

Needs a plate to bolt to the LR seat runners and also to the underside of the sierra seat, after removing the runners from it - in fact, I used 2 plates on mine. Can't tell you the dimensions any more, I've sold it, but they have to be as wide as the width between the seat runners on the LR.

Reply to
Austin Shackles