series 1 2 or 3

Not bad, given the difference in value of your Disco v mine we are probably paying about the same in fact.

Reply to
Llandrovers!

I had a reduced quote after phoning & threatening to go to another company- they said '...lets see how we can lower the quote to help you out....'! the way they did is was by me having the lower annual mileage, up to 3,000 miles per year instead of 10,000. The odd point of this is that they asked for NO proof of my mileage now, in the past or the last year etc. So how do they know?? Seems to me I could have said I'll do 10 miles per year & got the quote down even further!

Dave

Reply to
Dave Wheatley

Did you not have to declare the current mileage reading on your proposal form?

I guess the other way they could do it would be to look at the mileage on the most recent MoT certificate.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Dave

Reply to
Dave Wheatley

Yep, although I pay less than 200 quid for fully comp on 2 101s and my S3 - all unlimited milage, kept on the street, any driver over 25.

Fully comp on an 18 month old SLK worked out at 1,700 from one company, I asked, out of curiosity, how much if I were to add it to my existing policy and was told that it would probably be too expensive, as it would almost double the annual premium - up to around 400 quid!

So, I thought I'd ask about an Alvis Stalwart. To add it to my existing policy, on a 'limited to 4,500 miles per year' basis, fully comp, would be an extra 72 quid. This didn't impress Charlotte one bit. I didn't get the Stolly, and she didn't get the SLK.

A quote from the CIS for Charlotte to insure a

Reply to
Mother

Anser its a series 3 :)

see my latest post

-- Larry

"We are all of one mind, one equal mind, and if each of us persists in being the centre of our own existence we are all doomed to suffer at each others hands. I cannot exist on my own without you, neither can you be without me, what is the world wide web about after all?. We are interdependent whether we are aware of the fact or not"

Reply to
Larry

In message , Nikki writes

I'm also with Norwich Union. Paid 194 for V8 90 fully comp 2 drivers, kept on drive.

Reply to
hugh

Get a late Series 2A or early Series 3 and deny the tax man your hard-earnt money. There isn't much betwixt them really.

In a couple of weeks I'll be driving our Tatty S2a/3 five hundred miles when we re-locate from Northamptonshire to the Isle of Mull.

Cheers Gary

Reply to
Gary Sutherland