Series 3 oil pressure

Something I have been meaning to ask for ages is what sort of oil pressure reading can you expect from a Series 3 that's done approx 80,000 miles? Will the fact that there is currently a slight exhaust leak at the manifold make any difference to these readings? Thanks

Reply to
Nikki

Oil pressure should be 45-65psi at 2000rpm. The exhaust leak will make no difference. Depending on it's history , this engine could be getting fairly worn by this mileage, and this could lead to low oil pressure while idling, but should still have pressure in this range at 2000rpm unless there is a specific fault, most probably a blocked filter or a fault with the pressure relief valve. JD

Reply to
JD

I was quite concerned to begin with that my oil pressure guage was reading 0 all the time, until I discovered it was not connected. (I intend to replace it with a clock)

Now when the green light comes on during idling I take it as a sign to top up the oil level.

Reply to
Larry