LR90 Diesel engines

Can you help? I would like to know some information about LR90 engines.

What is the power of a 2.5 n/a diesel like, compared to me 2.25 diesel in my Series 3?

What is the economy like of the 2.5n/a?

What would be the cost of replacing the 2.5n/a with a 2.5TD or a 200TDi?

Any help gratefully received,

Cheers

Frazer

youre 10j is 59hp

67hp for n/a diesel 12J engine . 85hp for 19J 2.5TD . 111hp for 200 or 300tdi the 300tdi revs to 4600rpm whereas 200tdi is slightly lower .

12j and19j as fitted to early LR90s run up to about 4300rpm .

the early N/A 2.5 can be thrashed all day long and lasts forever , but add a turbo to it and it will have much shorter lifespan , although id rather have a turbo 2.5 than normal aspirated .

the 2.5n/a is lacking in power , but if you dont mind going slow and changing down to 3rd going upa good hill @ under 40mph then its ok .

i have both 2.5n/a and 300tdi landys, the difference is one hell of a lot ,

2.5n/a has to be driven thru gears all the time but the 300tdi you can drive in top gear at 25mph and will accelerate to 70mph without problem or gear change . .

all have cam belts , but possibly the 300tdi is easiest to change , the 2.5n/a necessitates removal of waterpump to do cam belt .

no real probs with 2.5n/a diesel but the 2.5DTurbo engine can suffer from cracked pistons . 2.5DT probably easier to fit in series3 than others due to 200and300 tdi needing the intercooler radiator mounting in front grille area .

2.5DT doesnt use intercooler but you could add one !!! . i suspect you can fit a 200tdi or 300tdi engine into series 3 without using the intercooler, just will lose a bit of power thats all .

fuel economy =

22-25mpg for 2.5 n/a diesel & 2.5dt . 25-34mpg from 200/ 300tdi .

cost of replacing with 200tdi is around £1000 if buying from a company .

id recommend L.E.G.S in shropshire for any landrover work , they supply free courtesy car , you just supply fuel .

Reply to
M0bcg