Shakespeare Unofficial

On Sunday there was a green lane clearance out my way, that was good fun, and some laning afterwards. ISTR someone wanting to see some pics of the Pinzgauer, there are a few on the FoDRoW gallery at the moment, on one of the following URLs;

(The pictures might get moved from that one to the next link)

Ian Rawlings

I've had a couple of birds in it....

(of the feathered variety! - stupid thing must get up through the engine cover but can't get out again without me opening the doors and banging on the sides!)

Scrap man is taking a saab away tommorow though, so the 101 gets closer!. I've also got lots of pretty coloured wires ready for rewiring it with ;)

It needs a name, but doesnt have one of those catchy number plates like most others seem to have got (It's a GVV 6nnX like Kay Mawby's I think)

Reply to
Tom Woods

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 22:10:54 +0100, "Lee_D" scribbled the following nonsense:

did it before, but the ambi battery had a dead cell, so had put it down to that previously.

The IR switch is missing, but i have seen this on other ex military vehicles now you mention it. You do really have to look for the glow in the bulb it is that dim.

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

GVVn 'r ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

On or around Mon, 24 Apr 2006 19:44:09 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

doesn't look that big... standard rangie ones used to be 65A, later ones grew to 80 though.

The one in Simon's truck has a loose bush in the rear mount, from the looks of it - tightening the bolt didn't stop it moving. might be that the bolt has too much plain shank, I suppose, and thus isn't actually tightening, but either way, the rear mount is loose and wobbly, which is likely to lead to failure of something else due to vibration.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Mon, 24 Apr 2006 20:36:29 +0100, Simon Isaacs enlightened us thusly:

The W terminal is an AC output used to power rev counters and other things. The other terminal (I forget the letter) should be fed from the non-live side of the "ignition" lamp, IIRC. This does 2 things: when the alternator is off-charge (i.e. stopped) the supply through the bulb produces a 12V signal without which the thing doesn't reliably charge. This also makes the light come on as the same wire earths through the alternator. Once it's charging up to spec, the regulator makes that terminal 12V (or charging voltage, probably, so about 14+) and as a result the light goes out.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Mon, 24 Apr 2006 19:53:07 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

I shall be making enquiries with the PORC lot. Might just go to one of their regular pay and play days, and if we do indeed do October, that might be October the 1st.

more info later.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Mon, 24 Apr 2006 23:11:14 +0100, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

nice truck.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:42:03 +0100, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

OK, prompt but disappointing reply, they're no longer doing pay and play days.

have to hunt further, then.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Cheers, no proper action shots of it yet though, too busy hanging on to take photos. I have some shots of it next to my landy, will put them somewhere sometime.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I may be mishtaken, but I thought Tim had the 85A in Burrt.

Reply to
Mother

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 09:39:29 +0100, Mother scribbled the following nonsense:

it has a remanufactured sticker on it, but other than than that, no other markings..... Doesn't help really.....

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 00:35:05 +0100, Tom Woods scribbled the following nonsense:

"Guv" or "the Guvnor"??

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 18:36:53 +0100, Mother scribbled the following nonsense:

I like

shows swmbo scowling at the bbq lighting method before i got told off for playing with fire.....

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Surely that will make it "Guv" or "Guvnor" - at least that's the first thing that I "saw".

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Got no sense of reality has she - what else is that other than universal bbq, bonfire and cigarette lighter?

Reply to
EMB

Needless to say I didn't put the website together, if I had it wouldn't be possible to edit the text on my pinz pictures.. Which wag did that then!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Tue, 25 Apr 2006 09:39:29 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

Lucas ones on later RR are either 65A or 80A, although looking at 'em, there's no easy way to tell.

Discos got either Lucas or Magneti Marelli, in 65, 80 or 100A flavours. Dunno if the later rangies ever got a 100A one. The 100A on the disco is run from the sperpentine belt, not a normal V belt - I suspect all the really high output alternators are multi-V, probably they slip otherwise. I've seen a ford one with 2 small (i.e. 11mm) V belts.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 25 Apr 2006 23:43:52 +1200, EMB enlightened us thusly:

quite. and notice that we're all wearing suitable safety gear.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Sorry, just couldn't resist. ;-)

Reply to