Silent Generators - conclusions?

I've got a spare Kenlow which I reckon should do the job. Without trying my very poor ascii-art, I have an S shaped box in mind.

Reply to
Mother

I'll bear that in mind next time I see any sun :-)

Granted, which is why I'm looking at the Honda EU 20i

Which do you have and in what type of environments do you use them?

Reply to
Mother

Exactment! That should work very well.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

"JD" wrote

JD any chance of you e-mailing me about your solar power system.

Reg.

Reply to
Reg

Just gone and got one. The EU10i

First impressions are somewhere in the region of:

"Kin eck, it's quiet", but we'll see how 'noticed' it is at Peterborough :-)

Reply to
Mother

A very old 1500VA from pre-VAT days and a EX650. Used for ham radio on a long lead to keep the noise down a bit out in big fields.

I would never use them for camping / caravaning / Landy events as others do, due to their high noise levels. I'm building a motorhome on a 130 for retirement long term European travel (including Landy events). I looked at and listened to at motorhome shows the new less noisy Hondas and decided that generators were still too noisy.

I will add to my existing solar panel 2 or 3 more and buy a small wind generator.

I am trying to find details of changing / modifying the 130 alternator for better battery charging. But no to a new Honda.

Reg.

Reply to
Reg

On or around Mon, 1 Sep 2003 23:06:34 +0100, "Reg" enlightened us thusly:

if there's space enough, I'd be inclined to go for a dual system, rather than split charge - fit a second alternator, and use that for the "domestic" side - this has the added advantage that you have a backup alternator which you could swap in by simply unplugging 'em, so that a single failed alternator wouldn't strand the vehicle. As to how many batteries you fit to the "domestic" side of things, that'd depend on how much power you plan on using, and how much battery space you can find.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Although, for an example where "smarter" charging is better than "harder", see:

And for application of a similar system to a Landy:

QrizB