Size of torx bolt in window mechanism?

Just tried to fit new window regulator in my Discovery. Got everything out easily enough, and then found that the motor is fixed to the mechanism with bloody Torx headed bolts. My largest Torx driver is too small at 25. Anyone know the correct size, so I can get the right one?

I'd like to strangle the blocke who designed teh Torx head, plus any designers who use them and engineers who torque them to riduculous levels.

Cheers! Graham Carter

Reply to
Graham Carter

For each and every invention there is an equal and opposite reason not to employ them.

Reply to
William Tasso

Why? It's almost impossible to strip the drive on one so they're a huge improvement over philips, pozi and hex drive screws/bolts. A one-off investment in a decent set of Torx drivers and they're no problem.

Reply to
EMB

Not many folks know that Phillips screws were DESIGNED to strip, when they reached the correct torque.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

If you can measure the recess, conversion to Torx size here:

Dougal