V8 waterpump - the saga continues

Greetings One and All

Reckon I've got the measure of the 5,327 bolts holding the waterpump in place and even worked out I need to slacken off the alternator first. One thing that's puzzling, because I've never done it before, is how to slacken the steering pump - which appears to share four bolts with the water pump. Can't see an adjustment mechanism - but I guess there must be one.

Next Q - should there be any wizardry applied to the bolts before reassembling (to prevent seizing)?

Anyone know the coolant capacity of the V8?

Finally - how to separate the fan assmbley from the pump?

Bad light stopped play - thanks for reading.

Reply to
William Tasso

Yep, a slot at the bottom and a 1/2" AF bolt, just below the pump pulley.

You can put a bit of copper grease or similar on them if you wish.

As much as it holds? ;-)

Using a cranked water pump spanner, remembering it's a left-hand thread.

Wimp! ;-)

Badger.

Reply to
Badger

at the bottom? marvellous, sounds ideal. Does this bolt need to be removed or meerly loosened to get the water pump out?

ahh - yes, thanks.

indeed - was wondering how much anti-freeze would be required.

aha - knew about the thread, didn't know about these:

Hope I can get one locally.

LOL - well yeah - bl**dy cold out there when the light drops.

Reply to
William Tasso

About 40% of the amount it holds. :-)

Reply to
EMB

Only loosened to get the belt off.

Probably around 2 or 3 litres?

> Hope I can get one locally.>

Ok, I'll give you that one. :-)

Badger.

Reply to
Badger

On or around Sun, 18 Dec 2005 18:19:37 -0000, "William Tasso" enlightened us thusly:

HBOL says about 11.5 litres for discos.

Reply to
Austin Shackles