Slightly OT Vehicle wirng and connectors

Hi

In a search for some rocker type switches I came across the following companies

and

This may be old news but if not good sources for parts

Mike

Reply to
Mike Jones Super Hero

I expect you meant:

and

Nick

Reply to
nick nelson

Actually I meant

and

I will go and stand in the corner now :(

Mike

Reply to
Mike Jones Super Hero

Are you quite sure?

*I* think you ment
who sell generic Lucaslooms amongst other things.But then again.... Jon
Reply to
Jon

Hey, two websites with the same URL! Co-incidence or what?

;-)

Yes, the website is good, but get them to send you a catalogue which is even better because you can read it in the - er - where your computer isn't. There's some fantastic stuff in there, though.

Rich

Reply to
Richard Brookman

They are an excellent company. I buy all of my wiring stuff from them.

If you are into off roading they do a washer nozzle that fits on the wiper arm and has 4 nozzles making sure the water goes where you need it.

Ed

To reply, remove my appendix

Reply to
Ed

Add

to the list. They've got lots of connectors plus other useful stuff.

Graham Carter Harare Zimbabwe

Reply to
Graham Carter

Really? Where? I can't find it.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

On or around Thu, 29 Jan 2004 22:32:45 +0000, Alex enlightened us thusly:

similar thing on the Citroen BX - piece of plastic pipe attached to the wiper arm. On the Citroen, the washer pipe come through the middle of the motor, mind, but I daresay you could do it with a bit of flexible pipe.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yes, I drive vehicles every day with them on (buses) but I havn't found a suitable supplier yet. Most commercial places want you to buy

50 of them......

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I did this to my motorhome, dunno why vans have stupid single nozzles for the washers, on a screen thats about 2 meters wide by 1.2 meters high, bladdy useless,

i went to the scrappie and looked at the citroen set up.. didnt like it much, no trucks or busses in the scrapper i went to,

so i got the nozzles from a peugeot 406, nice long nozzled that fit on the wiper blades, about a foot long they are, about 7 or 8 jets of water from them, i went to a fish type shop and bought some silicone tube for air pumps, to use for the washer tube to the new jets on the wiper blades.. tried peugeot and they only sell new lengths..suitable for a car, but not for adapting to another vehicle,

Remember to get the right angle tube connectors that go in the panel where you removed the origional jets from tho,

i had to tie wrap the sprayer jest to my wipers as the van has bladdy large wipers, but the car sized wipers on landies should be able to take the clips that hold the sprayers onto the pug car in the scrapper,

tried them out.. and they are absolutely marvelous, wish i'd done it years ago, just need to squirt water for half a wipe now, and whe whole screen gets washed more than adequately even with a covering of mud and shit from the tractor i seem to get stuck behind every evening :)

Reply to
CampinGazz

I read that and found myself wondering why your local fish & chip shop sells DIY bits!

Reply to
QrizB