Snorkels

OK all you off roaders who have fitted snorkels. The BBC are asking for photos of the floods, lets see a Land Rover going through some deep water (preferably with the driver wearing a snorkel too).

It IS summer after all - the water won't get any warmer than in mid- July.

Steve

Reply to
Cheshire Steve

Cheshire Steve uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Yes officially the hottest summer on record or so we were to believe.

I see no forest fires and my lawn is in far better condition all be it waterlogged than it was 12 months ago.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Are there any hosepipe bans still in place I wonder!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I heard they are asking people to conserve water in Tewksbury. The pumping station is flooded out. Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink !

Steve

Reply to
Cheshire Steve

Yes I'd just read that, running out of water by the end of the week, if only! Might be an idea for those in flooded areas to get water purification kits which don't cost much, so when they get flooded and the local council declares a drought, they'll be ok.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Sun, 22 Jul 2007 11:10:20 +0100, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

bloody idiots on the WWP though, going on about a herd of pigs with no water supply. The pigs would probably be quite happy to drink floods, if I know pigs.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

You're assuming that loss of water and flooded area is one and the same though! Plenty of areas have now lost water supply but not been directly flooded.

Reply to
Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com

My friend came up with a solution to slowly rising flood water outside (assuming the taps still work), turn on the taps and flood your own house to make sure you have a slightly higher level of clean water in the house than outside. As daft ideas go, I have heard worse. That way you get clean water inside and leave the pooey water outside.

Mix in some detergent and you could clean the carpets while you are at it.

However, the insurance company might not be sympathetic (neither the water company - unless you are on a meter) !

Steve

Reply to
Cheshire Steve

I won't work.

The stuff comes in through the air bricks and rises through your floor...

Reply to
William Black

On or around Thu, 26 Jul 2007 18:25:51 GMT, "William Black" enlightened us thusly:

not if you've got more water inside, it won't.

However, I think if you live in Gloucestershire this might be a non-starter.

Reply to
Austin Shackles