Snow chains

I will be taking my '98 Disco into snow country for the first time. I have purchased chains but would they be mounted on the front or rear tires?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Reply to
CA-Joker

If you fit them to the rear tyres you get traction, if you fit them to the front, you get traction and steering! :)

Reply to
Exit

On a 4x4 you need chains on all 4 wheels. Helps braking as well.

tony

Reply to
Antoine

Safest thing to do is fit snow chains on all four wheels.

Second best choice is to fit only at the front. If you do so be careful of the rear side of the car sliding sideways on downslopes or when braking.

Take care and have fun in the snow and ice. Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

I think the owner's manual for my '97 says to fit them on the front.

Reply to
Gordon Wedman