[Sob] It's gone...

Waved goodbye to the Disco a few minutes ago... damn good car that was... happy memories...

Now just need to get the RaRo back as I'm currently Landroverless.

David French

On or around Sat, 8 Nov 2003 08:30:54 -0000, "David French" enlightened us thusly:

you have my sympathy. did yer get a good price?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Ish. Not as much as I was after. I decided to be a bit flexible on price as I hadn't had much interest. Then, as soon as I'd taken a deposit, I had

2 people contact me offering full price, cash. Sod's law.

It certainly hasn't paid me back what I spent on it, but hey, I didn't really expect it to.

David French

On or around Sat, 8 Nov 2003 10:40:02 -0000, "David French" enlightened us thusly:

vehicles never do, unless you chance on something fantastically rare for a fiver.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Once got a Maxi for 15 quid, had a couple of years running from it and sold it on for £150 for parts.

It gave me back everything I'd ever spent on it.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

On or around Sun, 09 Nov 2003 11:46:27 +0000, "Paul S. Brown" enlightened us thusly:

well, to be fair, I once acquired an SII for 60 quid, spent about 300 on repairing it, sold the number for 380, and eventually sold the vehicle for

500, which wasn't bad.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

vehicle for

You, you, asset stripper you!

Huw

Reply to
Huw

On or around Mon, 10 Nov 2003 17:02:58 -0000, "Huw" enlightened us thusly:

hehe.

mind, I did spend part of the proceeds on a new canvas hood for it.

and besides, there's the thing about "a fool and his money"... would *you* pay 595 quid to put "795 PKT" on a peugeot 205?

Reply to
Austin Shackles