Speed camera on the M5

While driving up the M5 (North) today I noticed on my Mitac MIO168 GPS PDA running tomtom 3, with speed camera support, just before the M42 junction, a camera sign the screen of the PDA, sure enough on the last bridge before the brow of the hill on each lane were what looked like speed cameras, I did slow down but most over cars seemed to be wizzin though at 80 plus, my question is:

  1. are these functioning?
  2. should there not be a warning sign of there presence at least a mile before?

regards

Wayne

Landy V8 hybrid RR 4.0SE

Reply to
WPS

in article _YOuc.15235$ snipped-for-privacy@front-1.news.blueyonder.co.uk, WPS at snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk wrote on 1/6/04 12:11 am:

I don't know about them, but on my recent journey up the A5 towards Cannock, there seemed to be more camera than I remembered there being the last time I went up that way.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley