Steering wheel mobile phone?

Did you play at a one-day festival in Bracknell 3/4/5 years ago? Just something nagging at the back of my mind... If you were then you were really good (I know because I remember that I enjoyed everyone except Courtney Pine)!

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

I wish I could say it was us, but even our desperate desire for publicity isn't enough for me to try a lie of that magnitude.

In other words, no, it must have been someone else - sorry!

Reply to
QrizB

Disappointed to see you're not listed on the web page as a Roadie... which part of Berkshire?

And do you use the Unimog as a tour bus?

Reply to
David French

Ah, my mistake, you do appear on the website, giving a glowing, and no doubt completely objective, testimonial :)

Do you do any Siouxsie & the Banshees?

Reply to
David French

I think that you'll find that it is the accumulation of various bits of paper - usually bills or receipts. In amongst them I have I've got a radiator cap and a locking wheel nut, a packet of car fuses, small first aid kit, some headache pills, a watch that needs a new battery, a small screwdriver and at least 6 APS films I keep forgetting to take in and get developed.

I have never ever done that. I always make sure I have my £1 fare ready in my hand for when I get on the bus, which isn't that often as I hate going into town.

Reply to
Nikki

They're alright for practice amps. I had a tour round the factory when I took Bruce's Marshall amp in for a service

Reply to
Nikki

I don't. Bloody horrible looking thing. The 101FC is a thing of beauty.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Does have a hint of Mitsubishi Van to it, doesn't it?

Reply to
David French

Well, our last gig was in Basingstoke - they need all the entertainment they can get ...

We have considered setting the drum kit up in the back of it, and using it for impromptu open-air gigs, but have yet to find anyone foolish enough to invite us to perform at one :-)

Reply to
QrizB

I'm a tad embarrassed that they haven't deleted my review - it was a test of the Peoplesound review engine, and was written in my finest faux-NME.

Not at present, but if there's a drink in the offing we'll try almost anything :-)

Reply to
QrizB

Bruces band played at an open air wedding a bloke who worked for the forestry commission. That was on the back of a flatbed trailer and Bruce had to take his big generator, and borrow another one just to run the equipment. The singer is now one of the top accountants working for British Gypsum. He only started singing to help Bruce out as the original singer left after his girlfriend left him and got the arse when Bruce said "the show must go on".

Which Green Day cover do they do? Baskett Case? One of my all time favourite records.

Reply to
Nikki

A lot of the bits on the cab were Leyland Roadrunner/DAF 45

Andy

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

There's a lot of it about!

Got it in one. Give the lady a coconut ..

Reply to
QrizB

Singing, girlfriends leaving or people getting the arse.

Reply to
Nikki

Um... there's a lot of singing about in this ng (and no-one's mentioned filk yet), as for girlfriends I can't really say as most of my mates are single or married, and no-ones got the arse around here for a while.

But the band in question do cover "Basket Case".

// Do you have the time to listen to me whine About NOTHING and EVERYTHING all at once ... //

Reply to
QrizB

Funny that is one of my wife's favourite numbers...............

Signed

Basket Case Graeme

Reply to
Graeme

Went and found the CD last night and played it very loud whilst painting the living room ceiling.

Reply to
Nikki