Mobile phone

Maybe I am asking to much. I have just bought a low mileage 06 Ford Focus ST2. The radio is a Sony with a "phone" button on the buttons, at the back left of the steering wheel there is a black stalk with "volume, search" etc on it, on the top there is a button which says "voice". I assume these buttons are for a mobile phone. My question is : can I connect my Nokia mobile phone to this car using the above for "hands free", if so how do I do it. There is no referance in the hand book.

Reply to
swiftflo

If it's like the Satnav in my Mondeo, it merely mutes the volume.

Reply to
Conor

Reply to
Mark Smith

I don't think you've got the standard head unit in it, someone has changed it, because Ford don't use Sony units. Do the stalk controls not work the stereo? Because, they should...

Reply to
Iridium

Err yes they do.

Conor

Yes the stalk controls work the sterio.

Reply to
swiftflo

Should also add, when I press the phone button on the radio facier I get a message in the radio window saying"no phone".

Reply to
swiftflo

swiftflo (swiftflo ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Sounds like it's probably a bluetooth kit which requires pairing with your phone.

(Or the button's present whether or not you have the optional bt kit - depending on if "no phone" means "Can't find your phone" or "No phone kit")

Reply to
Adrian