Stolen 90..Staines

When I pulled the curtains this morning I realised my 1987 90 van had been stolen. Worse still, it had most of my gardening tools in the back which although well worn will cost a lot to replace. Neighbour says he heard something start between midnight and 1.am but just thought it another van down the road. No broken glass etc so probably a professional job. Just in case, it's grey with a white roof, with silver (peeling to white) wheels and BFG AT's and it's a bit muddy. Staines area.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Dude , deepest sympathy!

I've reposted your plight on the Mud club.

Any more distiinctive fetaures to pass on?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Buggerit - that stinks. why any scrot wants to nick an 18yo l/r van is beyond me. They're slow, noisy have no street cred [1] and they'll get tuppence for it.

The major impact is the loss suffered by the owner - and personally I am appalled at any theft which removes a mans means to earn a living.

out in the front yard most of the day - little chance, but I'll keep an eye

[1] except amongst folk we'd like to think are above that behaviour.
Reply to
William Tasso

"William Tasso" wrote after...((snip))

Well I loved it, and it was a vast improvement on the S111. Probably broken up for spares (or wanted for some ram raiding). I'm convinced it must have been stolen to order/ for a purpose as I can't see a joy rider etc wanting it.

Not quite that bad, our gardening is more of a hobby that keeps us fit, but the tools etc will cost £726 to replace and when I tell the insurance Co the full cost and that there was a pair of the wifes designer glasses on board as well I bet they start walking backwards.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

THAT is the point - for us, we love our noisy, crude, slow 101s too. Our commiserations Bob. I'd never have guessed this happens in Runnymede - some Scrote from Slough ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Errr, just come home to a message on the answerphone to say it's been found. Rang them to be told that it was found in Slough because it was reported as insecure (the window was open). It's now in a pound until Tuesday or Wednesday because of Christmas, and I heard the driver tell the operator it was OK as far as he could tell and there was stuff still in the back. We shall see. Looks like someone wanted to get home to Slough late Sunday night/early Monday morning.

If it is OK I'll have to get an alarm/immobiliser, anyone know how much they cost and which is the best?

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Happy Christmas Bob.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

I already had an independent immobiliser fitted to my 1996 90 when purchased but to add a little more security I added a bloody loud siren type alarm made by 'Sigma' covers the doors and interior on sensors includes two remotes, a basic package, fitted for £160. Speak to Paul at P.W. Electrical in Chesham 01494 793 838

Reply to
Cassillis

You bet!

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Graeme wrote

Thanks Graeme, I'd have guessed about £200. Will be visiting the local car electrical places soon to get their suggested answers. I remember some years ago LOI had an alarm/immobiliser fitted to a S111 at Wentworth Car Radio which is just down the road from me, and what made me remember it was that as a by-product of the alarm they ended up with an automatic interior light which came on when a door opened. Posh eh! :-)

Reply to
Bob Hobden

What are those transmission tunnel lock thingies like ? They SEEM pretty secure ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Bl**dy marvellous :)

Alarms is one thing - my thoughts on immobilisers are that the home brew variety are streets ahead of the bought type - each is different and takes time to identify & disable.

Electric fuel pumps and coils are among the faves. Perhaps an engine cut out and/or audible warning on selection of reverse gear.

Nothing stops a determined scrote but anything you do to make it difficult will deter the w*nkers.

Reply to
William Tasso

"William Tasso" wrote >

I believe you can get bulbs for reversing lights that emit a bleep, which is an easy fitment job.

True, but as you say, they are by definition a lazy bunch and don't like work when pickings are easier elsewhere.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

I was thinking of something loud - with a discrete over-ride facility of course :)

exactly

Reply to
William Tasso

Either connect the reverse light circuit to the horn via a flasher unit and a relay, or connect the brake light circuit to the horn.

Reply to
EMB