Switch for diff. lock indication

My original switch on my 1993 200Tdi which indicates when the central differential is on or off is on the blink. It was a "Lucas" type (England). The first replacement I got from the local dealer (with two pigtails) was intermittently faulty, and stamped with "England". The next one, a different type similar to the original (with fitted connection lugs) was also stamped "England" but required too much differential movement of the plunger for successful adjustment. Either it's contacts don't close or don't open with the limited linkage operation. Any information as to modifications or obtainability of a suitable microswitch are appreciated.

Frank in Aussieland

Reply to
thesnowbaron

The correct part no. is PRC2911, and the OEM ones come in a Lucas box.

I have come across people selling a Series III servo brake switch as the same part, and indeed they look identical, but operate diferently - that could be the problem with your second replacement.

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson